The Speed Turtle 3.0 Easy Flash Module is a small, easy to use vehicle exterior light flasher. The Speed Turtle 3.0 Easy Flash plugs into your vehicle's BCM under the dashboard. The system is easily installed in minutes with no hard wiring required! The Speed Turtle module will not damage the vehicle and can be removed at any time and you can also install it in another vehicle without repairing or replacing vehicle components. With the included software you can program the module to change patterns, flash in park mode, and update firmware as updates become available.
What's in the Box:
- (1) Speed Turtle 3.0 Easy Flash Module
- (1) Toggle Switch OR (1) Voltage Input (Choose at checkout)
- 6' Micro USB Cable
- Zip Ties
- Installs directly into your vehicle's BCM port
- Double sided tape allows you to stick the toggle switch directly to your dash
- 10 unique flash patterns
- Park mode allows you to change patterns or disable specific lights when in park.
- Two switch inputs as well as the ability to activate the module using pre-existing vehicle buttons or controllers
- Included software allows you to program which do and do not flash
- If your vehicle is equipped with these lights, the Speed Turtle 3.0 can flash:
- Front Low Beams
- Front High Beams
- Front Turn Signals
- Front Fog Lamps
- Front LED Accents
- Rear Turn Signals
- Rear Stop Lamps
- Third / Center Mounted Brake Lamp
- Reverse Lamps
- Rear LED Accents
- Pickup Bed Lamp
The module can be activated in a variety of ways. These include:
- By using a supplied toggle switch
- By connecting the module to an external switch or controller
- By using a preexisting factory switch in the vehicle
EFM 3.0 has five active modes that can individually be configured for both flash patterns and active lights. Configurations can be modified using the STE Configuration Utility available for free download at the bottom of this page. Active modes are shown below in order of priority. See below to find out more about the mode.
Active Mode Priority Example:
Example 1 – Park mode disabled: If switch input 2 is active, EFM 3.0 will use the configurations saved for switch input 2. If switch input 1 is then activated, EFM 3.0 will use the configurations for switch input 1 due to its higher priority.
Example 2 – Park mode enabled: If the vehicle is in park and switch input 1 is activated, EMF 3.0 will use the park mode configurations due to its higher priority. Once the vehicle transmission is taken out of park, EFM 3.0 will use the configurations for switch input 1.
There are ten selectable patterns for every vehicle. These patterns are adjusted per vehicle to ensure the best possible pattern selection based on supported vehicle lights and light locations. Individual patterns can be configured for each active mode using the STE Configuration Utility.
Individual Lamp Configuration
Much like the pattern configuration, the EFM 3.0 allows individual lamp configuration of each active lamp mode. These individual lamp configurations can be configured using the STE Configuration Utility. This configuration allows specific lamps to be deactivated.
When the EFM 3.0 module is in any of the five active modes a dash indicator will blink to signify the module is active. The dash indicator is the fog lamp symbol.
EFM 3.0 has four built-in light overrides to ensure normal vehicle light operation is unaffected for specific lamps. Overrides include headlamp, turn signal, reverse and brake lamp. All module overrides are enabled by default. However, only the headlamp override can be disabled using the STE Configuration Utility. The headlamp override will allow the headlamps to flash even if they are turned on. Reverse, turn and brake lamp overrides cannot be disabled.
Installation of the EFM 3.0 module requires disconnecting four connectors from the vehicles body control module (BCM) and inserting the EFM 3.0 in line. Follow the step by step instructions below.
1. Ensure the vehicle is off and the key is not in the ignition. Disconnecting the vehicle battery is recommended.
2. If the toggle switch or voltage input harness is to be used, connect it to the EFM 3.0 module by inserting the small black square connector into the top of EFM 3.0. Ensure the connector locks into place. If only the integrated vehicle switch is to be used this step can be skipped.
3. Disconnect the natural (white), light blue, pink and gray connectors from the body control module (BCM). The BCM is located under the driver’s side dash behind and above the OBD-II / on-board diagnostic port. It is a rectangular module with seven uniquely colored connectors. To disconnect depress the connector’s locking tab and pull the connector. See above for image of the connectors to disconnect. The brown, black, and green connectors should be left connected. Note that the connector color may vary slightly. Most notably is the pink connector which appears more purple.
4. Connect the four wire harness connectors previously disconnected from the BCM to the mating connector of the EFM 3.0 vehicle interface harness. Ensure that the connector colors are matching (White to white, blue to blue, pink to pink, and gray to gray).
5. Connect the four connectors from the EFM 3.0 harness to the BCM. Ensure the connectors lock into place. The EFM 3.0 vehicle interface harness is intentionally short to keep the module up and away from the drivers footwell.
6. Ensure the module and vehicle interface harness are not hanging below the dash. Secure with zip ties if necessary.
7. If a toggle switch or voltage input harness was connected in step 2 follow the steps below:
Mount the toggle switch using the self-adhesive pad located on the bottom of the switch in a safe and easily accessible location. Route the switch harness in a manner that does not interfere with normal vehicle operation. Secure with zip ties.
Connect the white and green wires to a 5-17 volt fused switch source. Route the voltage input wire in a manner that does not interfere with normal vehicle operation. Secure with zip ties. The white wire will control Input 1 and the green wire will control Input 2.
8. To complete installation the vehicle must be started to allow the module to finish initialization. Your vehicle lights may flash momentarily as the setup is completed. The module status LED will blink green once every 15 seconds when the module has successfully completed its setup.
9. The module is now installed and must remain in the vehicle for operation. To uninstall simply follow the installation steps in reverse. No additional steps are required.
|Chevy Silverado 1500-3500||2017-2020|
|GMC Sierra 1500-3500||2017-2020|
**Software not compatible with Mac Computers
SUPER EASY INSTALL AND ALL TE LIGHT FLASHED GREAT WILL DEFINATLY ORDER AGAIN!!
easy to install, works great
Very good for lighting for vehicle
My order was filled super quick and when I had questions the customer support staff was equally fast and helpful. The module was very easy to install and works great. Thanks!!
The easiest and best way to add safety lighting to your vehicle.