$9.99 Flat Rate Shipping
1000's of Items in Stock
30 Day Returns
Speed Turtle 3.0 Easy Flash Module
The Speed Turtle 3.0 Easy Flash Module is a small, easy to use vehicle exterior light flasher. It plugs into your vehicle's BCM under the dash board. The system is easily installed in minutes! There's 3 plugs that need to be remove and plugged into the SpeedTurtle. No hard wiring required!
The SpeedTurtle module will not damage the vehicle and can be removed at any time. Unlike other solutions, the SpeedTurtle Module does not require any cutting of the vehicle's wiring harness. This allows the module to easily be removed and installed in another vehicle without repairing or replacing vehicle components.
Utilizing the free software you can program the module to change patterns, park mode flashing and much more. Periodic firmware updates will be available and you can always update your module to work with the latest vehicles. Although you are required to select your vehicle at checkout, the module is not vehicle specific and you can switch the module between vehicles.
**This is not an OBD module. It connects to the vehicle's BCM under the dash board.
- 6' micro USB cable and zip ties included
- 10 unique flash patterns
- Park mode allows you to change patterns or disable specific lights when in park.
- Two switch inputs as well as the ability to activate the module using pre-existing vehicle buttons or controllers
- If your vehicle is equipped with these lights they will flash. You can program which do and do not flash:
- Front Low Beams
- Front High Beams
- Front Turn Signals
- Front Fog Lamps
- Front LED Accents
- Rear Turn Signals
- Rear Stop Lamps
- Third / Center Mounted Brake Lamp
- Reverse Lamps
- Rear LED Accents
- Pickup Bed Lamp
The module can be activated in a variety of ways. These include:
- By using a supplied toggle switch
- By connecting the module to an external switch or controller
- By using a preexisting factory switch in the vehicle
Installation of the EFM 3.0 module requires disconnecting three connectors from the vehicles body control module (BCM) and inserting the EFM 3.0 in line. Follow the step by step instructions below.
1. Ensure the vehicle is off and the key is not in the ignition. Disconnecting the vehicle battery is recommended.
2. If the toggle switch or voltage input harness is to be used connect it to the EFM 3.0 module by inserting the small black square connector into the top of EFM 3.0. Ensure the connector locks into place. If only the integrated vehicle switch is to be used this step can be skipped.
3. Disconnect the natural (white), pink and gray connectors from the body control module (BCM). The BCM is located under the driver’s side dash behind and above the OBD-II / on board diagnostic port. It is a rectangular module with seven uniquely colored connectors. To disconnect depress the connector’s locking tab and pull the connector. See below for image of the connectors to disconnect. The brown, black, green and light blue connectors should be left connected. Note that the connector color may vary slightly. Most notably is the pink connector which appears more purple.
4. Connect the three wire harness connectors previously disconnected from the BCM to the mating connector of the EFM 3.0 vehicle interface harness. Ensure that the connector colors are matching (White to white, pink to pink and gray to gray).
5. Connect the three connectors from the EFM 3.0 harness to the BCM. Ensure the connectors lock into place. The EFM 3.0 vehicle interface harness is intentionally short to keep the module up and away from the drivers footwell.
6. Ensure the module and vehicle interface harness are not hanging below the dash. Secure with zip ties if necessary.
7. If a toggle switch or voltage input harness was connected in step 2 follow the steps below:
Toggle Switch Harness: Mount the toggle switch using the self-adhesive pad located on the bottom of the switch in a safe and easily accessible location. Route the switch harness in a manner that does not interfere with normal vehicle operation. Secure with zip ties.
Voltage Input Harness: Connect the white and green wires to a 5-17 volt fused switch source. Route the voltage input wire in a manner that does not interfere with normal vehicle operation. Secure with zip ties. The white wire will control Input 1 and the green wire will control Input 2.
8. To complete installation the vehicle must be started to allow the module to finish initialization. Your vehicle lights may flash momentarily as the setup is completed. The module status LED will blink green once every 15 seconds when the module has successfully completed its setup.
9. The module is now installed and must remain in the vehicle for operation. To uninstall simply follow the installation steps in reverse. No additional steps are required.
The SpeedTurtle Module does not require any cutting or reconfiguration of the vehicle’s wiring harness. This allows the module to be easily installed by anyone in minutes. The plug and play installation also allows the module to be removed and installed in another vehicle without repairing or replacing vehicle components.
EFM 3.0 has five active modes that can individually be configured for both flash pattern and active lights. Configurations can be modified using the STE Configuration Utility available for free download on the support page of our website. Active modes are shown below in order of priority:
Park Mode – Park mode is active when switch input 1, switch input 2, or the integrated vehicle switch is active and the vehicle transmission is in park. Park mode pattern and active light configurations take precedence over any switch configurations. Park mode is disabled by default. This mode is useful for users who want to disable certain lights in park or change the pattern.
Switch Input 3 Mode (virtual) – Switch input 3 mode is active when the input to switch input 1 and switch input 2 is between 5 – 17 volts. This mode is only available for use with the voltage input harness. Switch input 3 mode pattern and active light configurations take precedence over switch input 1, switch input 2 and integrated vehicle switch configurations. Switch input 3 mode is disabled by default. This mode is useful for users who want a front rear split. Configure switch input 1 for your front lights, switch input 2 for your rear lights and switch input 3 for all lights.
Switch Input 1 Mode – Switch input 1 mode is active when the toggle switch harness is in the ON position or when the input to the white wire of the voltage input harness is between 5 – 17 volts. Switch input 1 mode pattern and active light configurations take precedence over switch input 2 and integrated vehicle switch configurations.
Switch Input 2 Mode – Switch input 2 mode is active when the input to switch input 2 is between 5 – 17 volts. This mode is only available for use with the voltage input harness. Switch input 2 mode pattern and active light configurations take precedence over integrated vehicle switch configurations.
Integrated Vehicle Switch Mode – Integrated vehicle switch mode is active when a specified vehicle switch is pressed twice in quick succession. The bed lamp switch is the integrated vehicle switch for all pickups. The hazard lamp switch is the integrated vehicle switch for all other vehicles. Another quick double press of the button will turn the module off.
Active Mode Priority Example
Example 1 – Park mode disabled: If switch input 2 is active, EFM 3.0 will use the configurations saved for switch input 2. If switch input 1 is then activated, EFM 3.0 will use the configurations for switch input 1 due to its higher priority.
Example 2 – Park mode enabled: If the vehicle is in park and switch input 1 is activated, EMF 3.0 will use the park mode configurations due to its higher priority. Once the vehicle transmission is taken out of park, EFM 3.0 will use the configurations for switch input 1.
There are ten selectable patterns for every vehicle. These patterns are adjusted per vehicle to ensure the best possible pattern selection based on supported vehicle lights and light locations. Individual patterns can be configured for each active mode using the STE Configuration Utility.
Individual Lamp Configuration
Much like the pattern configuration, the EFM 3.0 allows individual lamp configuration of each active lamp mode. These individual lamp configurations can be configured using the STE Configuration Utility. This configuration allows specific lamps to be deactivated.
When the EFM 3.0 module is in any of the five active modes a dash indicator will blink to signify the module is active. The dash indicator is the fog lamp symbol.
EFM 3.0 has four built in light overrides to ensure normal vehicle light operation is unaffected for specific lamps. Overrides include headlamp, turn signal, reverse and brake lamp. All module overrides are enabled by default. However, only the headlamp override can be disabled using the STE Configuration Utility. The headlamp override will allow the headlamps to flash even if they are turned on. Reverse, turn and brake lamp overrides cannot be disabled.
|Chevy Silverado Limited||2019|
|Chevy Silverado 1500||2017 - 2018|
|Chevy Silverado 2500||2017 - 2019|
|Chevy Silverado 3500||2017 - 2019|
|Chevy Tahoe||2017 - 2019|
|Chevy Suburban||2017 - 2019|
|GMC Sierra Limited||2019|
|GMC Sierra 1500||2017 - 2018|
|GMC Sierra 2500||2017 - 2019|
|GMC Sierra 3500||2017 - 2019|
|GMC Yukon||2017 - 2019|
|Cadalliac Escalade||2017 - 2019|
*Module software is not compatible with Mac computers.
Posted by Unknown on 24th Dec 2018
Simple to install workes great
Simple and Efective
Posted by Tim Marrs on 6th Dec 2018
I love the integrated harness, it looked complicated at first but as soon as I looked under the dash and the harness was right in my face, no worries. It took about 5 minutes to install the unit and run the switch. We have run the ST 2.0 on all of our other trucks, they work perfectly, but it ties up the OBD2 port. With this new unit being integrated, we can still run any diag needs and not have to unmount the ST 3.0.
Posted by Brian Keller on 21st Nov 2018
We ordered 2 of these units for our new Chevrolet Silverados. Arrived earlier than expected, and installed in about 10 minutes (or less) each. Fantastic product with great functionality. Programming software is straightforward and offers good options. Thank you!
Posted by Kelby Leiby on 2nd Nov 2018
The Speed Turtle 3.0 is a great flasher and easy to use. Lots of options to fit your vehicle's needs. Super satisfied!
Speed Turtle 3.0 in a GMC Sierra Denali 00:27
The Speed Turtle 3.0 Easy Flash Module is a small, easy to use vehicle exterior light flasher. It plugs into your vehicle's BCM under the dash board. The system is easily installed in minutes! There's 3 plugs that need to be remove and plugged into the SpeedTurtle. No hard wiring required! Check it out: https://www.ultrabrightlightz.com/speed-turtle-3-0-easy-flash-module/ Visit us at UltraBrightLightz.com, or call 1-888-562-5125.